Sunday, March 26, 2017

Chapter 1: Lessson 2 - Introduction to Japanese (Review)

I continue my studies to learn Japanese using the JPLearn! course available for free at Jappleng University. I'm now on my second lesson which feels like this truly is the first proper lesson since the previous lesson was an introduction to the course.

Lesson 2 is called Introduction to Japanese and you can study it here:
https://www.jappleng.com/education/course/study/1/jplearn/lesson/245/introduction-to-japanese

This lesson blew me away because I didn't think that Jappleng would go into detail about the history and geography of Japan but they did. This lesson also explained about how Hiragana came to be and how there are 3 different writing styles named Hiragana, Katakana and Kanji.

The lesson assignment was fairly basic and had 5 questions pertaining the material just shown. I wasn't expecting to having to remember when the Japanese writing system came to be or the few Japanese words introduced into the lesson so I had to go back and re-read it to answer the questions correctly.

The last question asked
Question #5: Why should you practice Japanese daily? (This is your own opinion!)

Here is my answer:
I think I should practice Japanese daily because I might lose interest if I don't. I think that as long as I study a little bit every day, I will at least have learned something new.

It's not an exciting answer but that's what I wrote. I hope there are more interesting lessons soon! :P

No comments:

Post a Comment