Sunday, March 26, 2017

Chapter 1: Lesson 1 Review (Welcome)

As I've said before, I am learning Japanese using the JPLearn! course which will supposedly teach me a great amount of Japanese from scratch. The first lesson was an introduction to the lesson series and talked about the many community features that they support.

What I found interesting is that already they set the pace by giving important study tips like not to cram so much information at once, to take your time and how the course will take me through the fundamentals rather than forcing long lists of words to memorize.

Something did catch my attention in this lesson and I quote:
Japan has no National flower. Some believe it's the Chrysanthemum because it is used in the Imperial Seal, while others believe it's the Cherry Blossom because of its popularity and celebrations.
 This fact is part of a random blurb but I thought this was really interesting because something like this tells me that they want to introduce tiny details. This got me really excited because it gives me hope that they know what they are doing.

After reading the welcome lesson, I had to complete what they call a homework assignment but it was just teaching me how to accept and finish an assignment. Overall, this experience is proving to be promising.

The lesson can be seen here: https://www.jappleng.com/education/course/study/1/jplearn/lesson/483/welcome-to-jplearn

No comments:

Post a Comment